An image from the film this blog is named after.

An image from the film this blog is named after.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October Horror Marathon

For the month of October I will be attempting to watch a horror movie a day. I've heard of numerous people in the online film community doing similar marathons, so I thought I would in the fun. I am a horror novice, so this will give me an excuse to catch up with a lot of acclaimed films that I've missed due to my past aversion to the genre. I'm not committing to writing full pieces on each film because that would be far too stressful. I started a Letterboxd account and I'll be writing a short paragraph on each film over there.

Here's the full list. I think it's good mix of classics, the contemporary, and the cult, and gives a good overview of how horror has changed over the years.

Vampyr
The Bride of Frankenstein
Cat People
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
The Blob
Jigoku
Carnival of Souls
The Masque of Read Death
Kwaidan
Kuroneko
Rosemary’s Baby
Night of the Living Dead
Sisters
The Exorcist
Suspiria
The Brood
Poltergeist
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Re-Animator
Hellraiser
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me
Candyman
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Scream
The Blair Witch Project
Audition
The Descent
Let the Right One In
The House of the Devil
Kill List
Resolution

No comments:

Post a Comment